Providing the best quality of care to our patients is the top priority for Helios Care. Managing exposure to illnesses that are easily spread is one way we can help protect staff who care for our patients and their families.
Effective immediately, Helios Care is limiting access to our office to staff only. Volunteers, bereavement clients and others should work with your Helios Care contact to ensure that all needs are met.
Please call 607-432-5525 or 607-432-6773 if you have any questions or need additional guidance.
Thank you and stay well.
March 16, 2020
Helios Care response to novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
As always, the health and safety of our patients, families, staff and community are our top priorities. We are writing to update you on how Helios Care is responding to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
We specifically wanted to make you aware of the following:
- We are assessing the status of the COVID-19 outbreak on a daily basis and making use of official sources of information, such as the New York State Department of Health and the CDC, to plan our daily operations.
- Helios Care will continue to provide the same high level of care and quality to patients that we currently provide, as long as staffing allows and unless we are advised otherwise by public health authorities.
- We are working to keep our patients, families, staff and volunteers informed and safe using education and recommended safe infection control practices
- Helios Care staff are annually trained on infection control practices such as hand hygiene, use of personal protective equipment and have been briefed on the use of PPE in the current situation.
Please feel free to contact us at any time, with any questions or concerns. And, please take care--wash your hands frequently, do what you can to avoid being around large groups or people who are ill, and get your rest! For most people, COVID-19 will cause only mild symptoms, but it is always better to err on the side of caution.
March 13, 2020
Grief and Caregiver Support Groups:
Helios Care is committed to promoting the wellbeing of our communities and those we serve.
Therefore, in response to the threat of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and New York State Department of Health's advisement to avoid group gatherings, we are temporarily suspending support groups in all locations (Delaware, Otsego & Schoharie Counties). This includes all grief and caregiver support groups.
We are hopeful you understand the need for this drastic measure. We will continue to evaluate the situation, taking guidance from health officials, and will resume groups once it is deemed safe and appropriate to do so.
In the interim, Helios Care remains dedicated to meeting your needs. Should you have questions, or need support, please do not hesitate to contact us at any time: 607-432-5525. We will be happy to speak with you.
Thank you for your understanding.
March 13, 2020
20th Annual Epicurean Food and Wine Tasting
Helios Care is actively monitoring the COVID-19 respiratory disease. The safety and well-being of our patients and employees is our priority and we are implementing appropriate measures to decrease their risk of exposure. Recognizing the fluidity of this emerging public health event and following CDC risk mitigation guidelines for organizations serving high-risk populations, Helios Care is postponing the 20th Annual Epicurean Food and Wine Tasting.
We appreciate the support of our partners, sponsors, and most importantly our guests. We look forward to announcing a new date soon and welcoming all at this signature event benefiting the patients and families of Helios Care.
March 12, 2020
We're Here to Begin To:
- Learn about your current circumstances and concerns
- Understand what is important to you and your patient
- Explore what services you may qualify for and discuss your options
- Help you to Feel Better and Live Better
Call us anytime, night or day ‒ 607.432.5525